Morocco Trip: week 1
Buying Trip gone right!
Mission: Buying Trip for product development
Yes, I have my dream Job. Yes Morocco is as great as everyone says, yes I recommend you come here for some relaxation and shopping. Oh, and food if you love food. I am not a big food person, and I loved the food so that is saying something. Morocco is a town of design, color, and craziness.
Tips and Tricks traveling to morocco
1. You don't ask for directions! Don't look lost. Blend in. Buy at data plan on your i phones and use it all day long. These guys will lead you in circles. They will try to take you to their friends shop, or make you feel more lost than normal. DON'T FOLLOW THEM!
2. Don't shake anyone's hand with a beard. They are taught to never touch another woman. So here I am business woman shaking everyone's hands, and they made me grab their forearm. So If they offer the hand shake, then great go in for it. But if they don't, just wave and say thank you.
3. Get ready to have scooters coming at you at high speeds and almost hitting you. It's ok. It won't stop. Get over it, start blending in, and just have fun. They move fast and there are a lot of them. It's ok. You will be just fine. Breathe.
4. The guys next to the square, are pushy! Don't shake their hands. They won't let go no matter how hard you pull, because they want you to shop their store. They really won't let go! Then they will cuss at you if you say no. So Don't grab their hands! Look down, and walk!
5. You don't have to wear a head scarf. It's ok, you can if you want to. There are many that don't wear them. I wore a tank top, but always had a flowy scarf to cover or light jacket ect...with me so if I am getting hassled then I put it on and I am all good.
6. Always keep loose change with you, because all the old women with babies sleeping in their laps will finally catch up with you. The change is good to just hand them while you walk by.
7. Wear flat sandals or comfy athletic shoes. Your feet will hurt bad!
8. Bring a converter for all your chargers.
9. Bring candy if you love it like me. They have no candy stores anywhere. Just pastry items.
10. Each night when you are walking home. Grab a water bottle for your rooms because you don't want to drink their tap water.
11. Get ready to smile A lot!!
Here are some great pics from my fav eye candy moments.